Rant on gloves
I see patterns for “fingerless” gloves and they annoy me. They’re tubes! That’s all! At least some knitters and crocheters have the sense to call them wristwarmers. I want actual gloves. And gloves are hard! You have to section off for each finger. There are several different ways to handle the thumb. These silly little tubes are not gloves. I’m not sure I could even call them mitts. Have some respect, grumble grumble.
I haven’t knit any gloves yet. I’m formulating my perfect pair of gloves, but heaven only knows when I’ll get them started, never mind finished.
- – Washable wool, sock to sport weight
- – Long enough to come up well onto my forearm
- – Thumb and first two fingers will have fingertips exposed, last two fingers will be completely covered
- – Pretty pattern that I can also use for the
- – Matching hooded scarf which I also haven’t designed yet
Sigh. Check back in a couple of years. These will be the best things ever, if I can get around to them.
Rant on gloves — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>