Everything is finally dyed, rinsed and dry. Here’s what I ended up with, left to right.
I finally achieved my dark brown in the silk. It’s less chocolate and more coffee, or perhaps raisin. The cotton in the same dye bath gave me a lovely neutral putty. Which I already have a lot of, sigh. For the next pot, the silk gave me a nice variegated french vanilla, perhaps a bit darker than the first time I dyed it. The cotton is a really lovely ivory that will look nice and antiquey when I work it up. The silk thread also gave me nice bright red, yellow and blue. There will be more rainbow/chakra earrings in the future! Finally, I’ve got another batch of handpainted turquoise blues and greens, which makes me very happy.